Ask yourself these questions:
Do you worry that you or your business might be the victim of fraud?
Do you need to analyze your financial data to uncover potential misconduct?
Are you investigating an entity for possible acquisition and need to ensure the absence of financial irregularities?
Maybe you're involved in litigation and require an expert witness to testify on your behalf?
Who Needs Forensic Accounting?
If any of these situations apply, you need the Forensic Accounting services of Akram & Associates.
Forensic accounting - also called financial forensics or forensic auditing - is an area of accounting that investigates actual or anticipated disputes. Disputes can range from business-related litigation to marital dissolution. We handle both litigation support and investigative accounting.
This area covers accounting assistance for current or pending litigation.
For a litigation assignment, we:
- assist in obtaining the necessary documentation to support or refute a claim
- examine the relevant documentation to form an assessment of the case
- review the damages report by the opposing expert
- assist with settlement discussions and negotiations
- attend trial to hear the testimony of the opposing expert and provide assistance with cross-examination
Occasionally, you may need to explore whether fraud or misconduct has occurred, such as employee theft of property or inventory, misappropriation of funds by employees, kickbacks to employees from outside businesses, securities fraud, and insurance fraud.
With our investigative accounting services, we bring to bear our accounting knowledge and experience in the field to give you a clear understanding of the situation.
When you retain our expertise, we skillfully:
- review the situation and offer suggestions for possible courses of action
- assist with the protection and recovery of assets
- coordinate with other experts, including private investigators, forensic document examiners, and consulting engineers
- assist with any necessary civil action or criminal prosecution
Forensic Investigations Take a Variety of Forms
The services of a forensic accountant are required for a range of investigations across many different industries.
Here are the most common assignments in forensic accounting:
- Disputes Among Shareholders or Partners. The compensation and benefits given to each of the shareholders or partners is one of the more common issues in these cases.
- Personal Injury Claims / Motor Vehicle Accidents. When economic losses from a personal injury or vehicular accident are in question, a forensic accountant is brought in.
- Insurance Claims. Because insurance policies vary greatly in their terms and conditions, such engagements require a thorough policy review to determine the appropriate method of figuring the loss. A forensic accountant can assist from either the insured or the insurer's standpoint.
- Business/Employee Fraud Investigations.The investigation of employee fraud often requires a determination of the extent of the fraud. It may or may not include the identification of a perpetrator. Many times, such assignments necessitate interviews of staff who had access to the funds.
- Matrimonial Disputes. Usually, when a dispute of this nature arises, forensic accountants must locate and evaluate the disputed assets, be they businesses, property, or fiduciary.
- Business Economic Losses.These kinds of engagements include contract disputes, construction claims, expropriations, product liability claims, trademark and patent infringements, and losses stemming from an alleged breach of a non-compete agreement.
Contact Us Today
If you think you have reason to be concerned about financial misconduct, please contact Akram today. Call or use the form on this page to schedule a free consultation.
Best Accounting Firm | Start-up & Emerging Funds
Akram is a winner in the Hedgeweek Americas Awards for consecutive 3 years 2021, 2022 and 2023
"We have been voted “Best Accounting Firm Start-up & Emerging Funds”.
Contact Us for Investment Fund Accounting Solutions
We understand that clients in the Alternative Investments arena are extremely prudent. At Akram, we provide high-end, tailored fund accounting services with careful planning and an unmatched responsiveness that only a boutique accounting firm like ours can deliver. Contact us today to learn more about our specialized assurance, advisory, and tax services for hedge funds, commodity trading advisors, private equity and venture capital funds, digital asset funds, insurance dedicated funds, real estate funds, day traders, investors, family offices, and high net worth individuals.